Senior Managing Consultant - Digital Transformation
We are working with a recognised leader in the Enterprise Business Transformation & Restructuring Consulting space, a fast-growing global business with offices in Europe, The Americas and Asia.
This client works with businesses in urgent need of turnaround, change, financial restructuring, strategy and performance improvement. Engaging at board-level, offering hands-on consulting services in a wide variety of industry sectors including Financial Services, Retail and Utilities.
The culture is inclusive and is led by the fact that they have a very flat hierarchical structure, there are no big egos here. They need to hire very experienced professionals that are comfortable working up to CxO / Board level of large corporations.
We are looking for a strong background in a top-tier ‘classic’ consultancy, so that you can step into this high-level business advisory role with real credibility. As a Senior Management Consultant for Digital Transformation, you will lead and co-lead small teams in delivering projects and work collaboratively across the Digital community to ensure delivery of all elements of client engagements.
You will typically work across a small number of projects at any given time bringing a flexible and adaptable approach and you will be part of a team of expert professionals who have previously held senior technology roles in large corporations, so together, the depth of experience in the team will enable our client to exert a rapid and sustainable impact across; Digital and Technology strategy development, operating model, capability and governance design; Product strategy and innovation, assisting clients with the strategy and execution of growing the digital capability of their products and services; IT cost reduction, IT outsourcing and end to end IT Transformation; IT platform/systems/infrastructure review, re-platforming, rationalisation and consolidation activities; IT due diligence, carve-out, and merger integration planning and execution; IT crisis management, interim IT leadership roles, and project turnaround.
We are looking for a strong background in a top-tier ‘classic’ consultancy, so that you can step into this high-level business advisory role with real credibility.
As well as a sharp technical background, it is imperative that you have good business acumen and proven ability to be able to commercialise your suggestions to board-level external clients.
Bachelor’s degree. MBA or Master’s degree preferred, but valid experience in conjunction with a Bachelor’s degree - in lieu of a graduate degree - will be considered.
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable professional IT consulting and/or IT organisation with software delivery or IT Infrastructure/Operations experience
- Mix of blue-chip consulting and IT line management experience is of significant interest
- A preference for industry experience in one or more of: Retail, TMT, Consumer Products
- Experience of delivering small projects and working across multiple work streams of larger projects
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities, with knowledge of prevalent tools, methodologies and frameworks
IT knowledge and practical experience within Digital, Technology or IT of at least two of the following areas: IT software delivery, IT strategy, IT infrastructure and operations, Enterprise or solutions architecture, IT governance (audit, risk, compliance, security) and/or IT project management, IT cost reduction
- Robust fact gathering, analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience of implementing projects across a number of different environments using different methodologies e.g waterfall, agile, iterative development
- Knowledge and experience of working with a variety of Technology platforms both in-house and packages, infrastructure and systems, key IT vendors for example but not limited to SAP, Oracle or Microsoft
- Willingness to travel across EMEA
- Knowledge of an additional language would be advantageous
- Current citizenship; passport holder and/or work authorization in EMEA. Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union
- Lead or co-lead projects of all sizes, from inception through to completion, with an emphasis on reconciling client requirements and scope with available resources and technology
- Lead or play a team role in ensuring quality delivery on the client engagements in critical situations time critical improvement
- Deliver technical and consulting expertise in at least two of: Digital and Technology strategy, Product strategy and innovation, IT operating model, organisation & governance, IT cost reduction, IT strategic sourcing, Turnaround of large scale “troubled” projects, operational due diligence, Company Separation (Carve-out) or integration (Merger) projects, IT complexity reduction, platforms/infrastructure consolidation
- Contribute to our Digital practice and thought leadership development initiatives, taking ownership for areas of interest that can further develop the practice
- Lead and/or participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities