Our client is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company operating within the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency. You will help to ensure best-in-class trading operations and accounting for our global franchise. You will report to the Director of Trading Operations and work supporting US hours with a willingness to travel if necessary.
We are recruiting for experienced Trading Support Associates with exposure to scalable Financial or E-trading systems, preferably within the Cryptocurrency space; who are keen to take responsibility for the day-to-day support of the trading operations.
- Assist in the day-to-day support and be the primary operations contact for the US traders.
- Facilitate and support the finance team in the movement and monitoring of funds and cryptocurrency to counterparties, exchanges and custodians.
- Work with the trading and other support functions to resolve operational and booking issues.
- Ensure the day-to-day accuracy and reconciliation of trade entries, including investigating and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Support the trading desk in daily market discussions, analysis, execution, and general operational procedures.
- Maintain daily and monthly P&L and risk accounting and update daily market settles, including for options and other derivative products.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of key accounts, coordinating with the finance team to ensure consistency with general ledger accounting.
Some key skills we would be looking for to consider applicants for this role are:
- At least 3 years experience in a middle office product controlling, trading operations or trade accounting role at a bank or proprietary trading firm.
- Must possess an operations control mindset.
- Must possess a commercial understanding of accounting and reconciliation on a wide spectrum of derivative products including exposure to structured products.
- Practical understanding of derivatives, credit and margin concepts.
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets.
- Strong academic background within a relevant subject (e.g. Finance) with an excellent understanding of financial products.
- Experience with MySQL, Python, R, Excel/VBA is highly desirable.
If this sounds interesting and you believe you could be a match for this role, please apply with your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.