Our client is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company operating within the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency. You will help to ensure best-in-class trading operations and accounting for our global franchise. You will report to the Global Operations Manager and work supporting European hours with a willingness to travel if necessary.
We are recruiting for experienced Operations Support Engineers with exposure to scalable Financial or E-trading systems, preferably within the Cryptocurrency space; who are keen to take responsibility as the first line of support and troubleshooting of the day-to-day trading operations.
● Provide first-line support and troubleshooting for our trading environment, ensuring smooth operations across market-making and programmatic execution bots.
● Track, escalate, and prioritise production incidents, ensuring timely resolution.
● Help maintain a clear communication channel between business development and trading to ensure orderly deployment of new clients and exchanges.
● Assist in analysing bot performance across marketing making and other trading strategies.
● Help to design and improve processes around monitoring, alerting, accounting, portfolio management, risk, and reporting.
● Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
● Develop expertise in our proprietary trading system, infrastructure, and procedures, contributing to the documentation of best practices.
Some key skills we would be looking for to consider applicants for this role are:
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role at a bank or proprietary trading firm
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Computer Science/Engineering)
- Strong scripting skills (using tools such as Python or shell scripting)
- Experience in Linux
- Exposure to container technology (e.g., Docker)
- Experience in SQL (required) and MySQL (preferred)
- Software development experience a plus (knowledge of Java preferable)
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets
- Disciplined self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
If this sounds interesting and you believe you could be a match for this role, please apply with your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further.