We are actively seeking a talented GCP Cloud Architect to join a fantastic Google Cloud certified consultancy based in a prestigious London location.
You will play a pivotal role in the business, ultimately holding the title of resident expert in all things Google Cloud related, whilst at the same time offering high profile customers pre and post sales support, architectural expertise and being on hand to offer colleagues unrivalled technical input into internal product development across Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics.
A customer facing role, we require the suitable GCP Cloud Architect to possess a background in computer science, with recent, in depth knowledge of migrating complex traditional applications to cloud environments, specifically in GCP or AWS.
- Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing and cloud technologies
- Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with customers
- Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a team of data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
- Be a leader and mentor to engineering team members
- Play a key role in shaping the engineering team
To be considered, the successful GCP Cloud Architect must possess significant Cloud based experience, specifically in Google Cloud Platform and have undertaken complex migration projects in the past.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building big data cloud architecture
- The ability to take ownership from end-to-end, finding creative solutions
- Able to present concepts in an authoritative and clear manner to customers through white-boarding, presentations, and proposals
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders at various business levels
- Experience in technical pre-sales, able to evangelise disruptive proposals
- Expertise in cloud technologies and their design/usage (across all areas i.e. data/security/networking etc)
- Experience building scalable and high-performant code
- GCP or AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification
This is a truly amazing opportunity for a GCP Expert to join a really friendly company who have an impressive client base, who operate at the very forefront of technology and who offer employees the chance to network with pioneers of industry.
Bonus Points for:
Experience with ETL tools, Hadoop-based technologies (e.g. Spark) and/or data pipelines (e.g. Beam, Flink)
Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
Contributions to open source projects
Educated to degree level as a minimum in a computer science related field
GCP certified Cloud Architect preferred
5+ years experience working with advanced Cloud Architecture
Demonstrable knowledge of migrating complex applications into a distributed cloud architecture.
Work with the most innovative and most scalable data processing and cloud technologies
Build innovative state-of-the-art solutions with customers
Work in an agile and dynamic environment together with a team of data scientists, machine learning experts, data analysts and data engineers
Be a leader and mentor to engineering team members
Play a key role in shaping the engineering team