Backend (Java) Developer Opportunity (New Porto Tech Hub):
Have you been looking for an exciting life-changing opportunity that comes once in a lifetime? Are you keen to reap the rewards of your efforts with huge progression possibilities? Does the idea of a Mediterranean lifestyle sound too good to miss? If so, then please read on!
Please note that this role is only available to candidates with EU Citizenship/Portuguese Work Rights:
Our client is one of the largest European E-commerce businesses and is a market leader in their field with over 18 million customers worldwide last year. Although they have over 1,000 employees, we are helping them build a new Tech Hub in Porto and this is an opportunity to join things at initial stages with just a handful of employees!
They are looking to expand their business even further and are keen to speak with ambitious individuals who can really help shape the future of their products by playing a pivotal role in the growth of a new Technical Hub they have created.
This role offers the following benefits:
- Very competitive salary package which includes a relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Access to cutting-edge technologies with a really entrepreneurial vibe
- Opportunity to help grow a new Tech Hub in sunny Porto with great progression opportunities & personal career paths
- A truly international workforce from all over the globe, English is the spoken language
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning &
Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and
technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- + Many more benefits!
- 5+ years of Software Development within a Java orientated environment, with previous working on highly scalable, large audience applications or within an eCommerce product
- Strong knowledge of the Java language & it's modern versions (Java 8+).
- Comfortable working within an Agile environment using modern principles such as Scrum/Kanban
This truly is a unique, life-changing opportunity so if this sounds of interest and you are open to talking through more information, then please apply and if suitable, I will come back to you as soon as possible.
- Java Development
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Strong English Speaking Ability
- Product Focus
- Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Cloud Technologies (GCP)
- Google Cloud Platform
Candidates with a Degree in a Technical capacity will be favoured. E.G:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Software Development/Engineering
Any further degree or external certifications/qualifications positively welcomed.
- We are looking for strong Java Developers who have been working with the technology for 5+ years. Further experience working on highly scalable or eCommerce products within a microservice environment.
- Experience of customer focused products and full software development lifecycle viewed positively.
- Strong 'Team Player' spirit needed
• Utilise your sharp analytical skills and pattern design skills to tackle problems.
• Come up with creative alternatives to deliver solutions.
• Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help deliver value quickly.
• Take initiative, be a self-starter and speak up with new ideas.
• Seek out opportunities to constantly learn, share and grow.
• Work in English every day with a talented, diverse and multicultural team.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis. We believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the
benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve.