Our client is one of the largest European E-commerce & Marketplace businesses and is a market leader in their field, they are looking to expand their business even further and are keen to speak with entrepreneurial and highly skilled individuals to continue their dominance of this market.
We are looking for Backend Engineers to help with our client's huge plans for growth, planning to make multiple hires over the coming months, they are looking for talented software engineers to join their rapidly growing teams. The role would include developing highly scalable products within a product driven environment, and my client is looking for proactive team players to join them and develop high quality software solutions.
This opportunity is one of the most exciting we have been able to offer, if you are intrigued by the thought of a well funded 'startup' style environment with continuous exciting new products to build from scratch whilst working with best development practices and cutting edge technologies, then please read on!
- Working experience in a backend environment using; Java 8/JEE/Kotlin/Springboot (preferably using Agile / Scrum methodology with a focus on full product lifecycle)
- Experience transitioning monolithic/legacy code into Microservice architectures
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems and databases
- Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, clean code, CI/CD
- Understands Quality by design, and consistently works with Unit testing, Integration Testing, (JUnit, TestNG)
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical and business level Spanish is a must
- Working as a Back-End engineer, to help build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact.
- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data integrity)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in distributed systems and the cloud
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions yet pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) to drive product development.
Test Driven Development